About the park
- Djurs Sommerland is Scandinavia's largest summer land. The park is the fourth largest amusement park in Denmark and the second largest outside of Copenhagen.
- Djurs Sommerland was voted the best summer land in Scandinavia in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- The park is divided into 8 themed areas: Piratland, Bondegårdsland, Mexicoland, Vikingeland, Westernland, Vandland and Sommerland.
- Djurs Sommerland has Denmark's largest roller coasters:
- DrageKongen (2017) - Europe's fastest and longest Family Suspended Coaster. 30 meters tall, 85 km/h, 825 meters long
- Juvelen (2014) - Denmark's longest roller coaster and only double launch coaster. 1 km long, 85 km/h.
- Skatteøen (2011) - North Europe's largest water coaster. 28 metres tall, 70 km/h through air and water, 22 metre dive into the water.
- Piraten (2008) - Denmark's largest and fastest roller coaster. 32 metres tall, 90 km/h, 755 metres long.
- In addition Djurs sommerland has a huge Aqua Park and over 60 rides to suit all the family
- EUR 40 million has been invested in new rides and improvements in the park since 2008.
New rides since 2008
- 2017: DrageKongen.
DKK 90 million investment.
- 2016: Søulken.
- DKK 20 million investment.
- 2015: Den Vilde Hønsejagt, Milkshakeren, Rodeotyrene, Bondegårdskarrusellen, Traktorerne, Kornmøllen, Det Gamle Vandtårn, Det Nye Vandtårn, Andedammen and Frøerne.
For Magic Halloween: GræskarFabrikken - Scary Haunted House.
DKK 45 million investment.
- 2014: Drageskibet og Vikingetårnene.
DKK 20 million investment.
- 2013: Juvelen - Denmark's longest roller coaster.
DKK 70 million investment.
- 2012: Solguden, Buffalo Bumper Cars and Mini Buffalo Bumper Cars.
DKK 20 million investment.
- 2011: Skatteøen - North Europe's largest water coaster.
DKK 60 million investment.
- 2010: Sablen.
DKK 10 million investment.
- 2009: Piratfisken, Det Skøre Kompas, Klatrebjerget, Edderkoppenettet.
DKK 15 million investment.
- 2008: Piraten - Denmark's largest and fastest roller coaster.
DKK 55 million investment.
- March 2016: Djurs Sommerland was voted the best summerland in the Nordic region by Sweden's largest travel site Barnsemester.
- April 2015: Djurs Sommerland was awarded the title of Denmark's best amusement park by CoasterClub Denmark.
- March 2015: Djurs Sommerland was voted the best summerland in the Nordic region by Sweden's largest travel site Barnsemester.
- June 2014: Djurs Sommerland was selected as Denmark's best amusement park in a major vote organised by Rejseliv, which forms part of the Danish newspaper Berlingske.
- May 2014: Denmark's longest roller coaster - Juvelen - which opened in Djurs Sommerland in 2013 was voted one of Europe's three best new rides in 2013. The voting took place among the world's largest panel of experts comprising 700 members of Germany's largest club for roller coaster
Behind Djurs Sommerland
- Established in 1981.
- Located in the middle of Djursland in East Jutland close to Aarhus and employs over 500 employees in the open season.
- Owned and runed by the brothers Henrik B. Nielsen and Michael B. Nielsen, the sons of one of the park's founders.